Wednesday, April 30, 2014

100 Days of Happy Challenge Update

Day 28: After having given up ice cream as one of my sacrifices during Lent, I promptly dug into this new flavor from Ben and Jerry’s after attending the Easter Vigil mass.  YUM!


Day 29:  Mom remembered another sacrifice I had given up during Lent:  Sleeping without a pillow.  This had been the very first sacrifice I drew on Ash Wednesday, while in California, so I very much enjoyed this first pillow in 40 nights while home for Easter!

 Day 30: 
Today’s happy moment came just before making the trip back to NC.  On a whim, I drove by our old house.  I like the star the new owners put above the mailbox.  It was also exciting to think that the next time I will see my parents’ home will be when I come to stay for part of the summer three weeks from today!

Day 31: 


Upon my return to NC Monday night, I had the chance to do “special days” one last time with my three older niece and nephews.  I sure am going to miss being a part of their daily lives and seeing them all the time…even when little Miss Mason insists on dressing herself.  ;) 
Day 32:


What a surprise to go to work and see some of our posters hanging up on the wall in our office.
Day 33:

Who singlehandedly moved the two-seat loveseat from the bonus room on the second floor to the first floor, then out onto the porch, down a few stairs, and lugged it to the end of the loooong driveway to the road?  This girl!  The happy moment was even more happy after I finally found a junk removal company who came and picked up the loveseat when I discovered the trash company did not collect it!  I HIGHLY recommend Triad Junk Removal…they were prompt, polite, and gave me a GREAT discounted rate!

Day 34: 
I participated in my last Friday night adoration hour with my church friends tonight.  This chapel has been a place of quiet contempletitude and prayer during my time in NC and has been a terrific place to “be still”.
 
 
Day 35: 
Today, we went hiking at Pilot Mountain.  The weather was perfect for hiking and our picnic lunch we ate after working up an appetite!
 



 
Day 36:
Dusty Shamrock and I took one last walk at the park we loved going to while living down here in NC.  The small pavilion structure is where I did much of my coding for my dissertation and the occasional writing on my laptop when I needed a change of scenery.  Had there been a plug outlet in that pavilion, I’m sure I would have spent many more hours writing there!  I’m going to miss this view while working with Dusty at my feet!



Day 37: 
Today is Braden’s third birthday but this silly boy makes me happy every day!
Day 38: 
I don’t know which I’m more excited about today:  seeing a cherished friend, traveling to a new city, or seeing my sweetie in FOUR short days!  Can’t wait to explore Denver with Doris & Adam!!


No comments:

Post a Comment