Friday, May 22, 2015

One day!

Yet another morning has arrived and I'm awake at 5am which has been par for the course this past week and a half.  The difference this morning is that my pup is not here for me to pet as he is at the kennel for the weekend (sniff, sniff).  I know he is in good hands but I miss that little furball of love.  Another huge difference is that when I viewed our wedding website, there was only ONE day left remaining in the countdown.  As my friend, Jim, said, "I remember when it used to be "one day...", but now it's "one day!" Tonight we get to practice in the church with our loved ones and priest at our side.  It will be the first time our two families will all be meeting at once and I'm so excited I can barely contain it!!  Thank God everyone arrived or is in the process of arriving to YoPa safely.

I also awoke to an email from the DJ confirming a change in the timeline and sent the updated timeline to the vendors.  That was the last (for now) item on my to-do list before leaving my parents' home.  !!!!  I Jamberried my nails last night, am nearly packed, and thought of one more stop we need to make in York before checking in at the hotel.  Hopefully we will have time for that stop as I want to provide one more surprise for the wedding party tonight.

When signing in to write this post, I happened to see this quote on another blog I follow:

We are all divinely connected, despite the time and distance. Not everyone is in tune with it and in our modern day world, most of us will lose ourselves in the day to day busy life, getting lost in the material things of this world, making a living, stressful situations that need to be resolved, etc… is this really why we are here on this earth? Or, do we dig deeper to find our true calling, our soul purpose?

Reading the words above gave me pause.  From the moment my feet hit the floor on this still dark Friday morning my mind was whirring thinking of what needs to get done before we make the 1.5 hour trip south to wedding weekend.  I was also thinking about the news I received yesterday from a dear friend in NC who can't attend the wedding after all due to some family emergencies that are happening.  Two family members fell ill at the same time in unrelated cases and both are in the hospital so I can just imagine the stress and worry the family is going through...not to mention the hassle of having to cancel travel arrangements due to not being able to attend the wedding.  Please keep Tammy and her fam in your prayers and thoughts as they face so much uncertainty health-wise today.  Back to the quote...yes, we are all connected even if we might not see each other regularly or at joyous celebrations which is what will happening this weekend.  Let's try to

not get swept up in the to-do lists,

the busy busy busy lifestyle, and

forget to embrace those in our lives right here right now.

I will try to keep the above quote in my mind over the coming days to try to fully embrace every little moment amidst the details.  Family and friends have come from both near and far to help us celebrate and for that I'm so so so grateful.  I can't wait to see everyone and to walk down that aisle to the man I love on the arm of the first man I loved.  With God at the center of it all, I pray we have the grace, humility, and strength to see this love on through obstacles, challenges, and anything else that may come our way.  Only a little over 24 hours to go until we take each other officially as play AND prayer partners. Yesterday was nineteen months since Adam and I first emailed one another and tomorrow will mark the blessed sacrament signifying we've got forever to go! 


Sometimes the simplest concepts are the ones that cause the most powerful impact. Here's what we mean by Pray | Play | Stay:

Pray: bring your entire lives before God. Talk to Him often and talk to Him together. When we pray, we acknowledge our trust and faith in God and deepen our relationship with Him as our Father, Savior, and King.

Play: be friends. Be intentional about building your relationship and enjoying each others' company. Find activities that you can enjoy together, laugh with each other, and take joy in one another. Remind yourself why you love your spouse often.

Stay: when the fun moments aren't readily apparent and times get tough, just stick together and work through it. There is a beautiful sense of security when you're both committed to do whatever it takes to work through anything and everything.

Pic by Jeff Marsh Creative / ‪#‎marriage‬ ‪#‎love‬

No comments:

Post a Comment