Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Water imagery has been so powerful for me lately...

How has it been two years since this magical trip with Sha and seven years since Adam proposed? 

Time keeps marching on and I am thankful for the love of friendship and spousal love. 

Facebook memories also tells me a former best friend shared this quote with me on this day ten years ago back in 2011. It seems fitting today, too. ❤️

    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ Mark Twain 

Today is also the feast day of St. Florian: a martyr who died in Austria. He has been invoked as a powerful protector in danger from fire or water. 

That seems fitting as I visited the city that was built on water with Sha on his feast day and my heart burned with love in a different way for Adam (remember Fr. Jack's homily, those who attended our wedding mass?) as he asked me to be his wife. 

This photo is from when Adam proposed in Denver, Colorado! 

Lately, I have been meditating on forgiveness and imagery of water. My feelings and thoughts are loud like the waves crashing to shore. They are turbulent and have me feeling as if I am being tossed about to and from within the ocean. It feels as if a storm is about to erupt over me as I try to remain afloat. I think of God reaching out and pulling me out of the water of confusion, doubt, and negative self-talk. The ocean immediately settles down as feelings of calm, quiet, and peace wash over me. 

As I imagine what it must be like to pull out someone from deep waters with wet hair plastered to her face, and adding more heavy weight than already exists, I marvel at God's strength and desire to want to lift me out of the water. 

God's arm is not too short to save me! - - Isaiah 59:1

Through His kindness and forgiveness, He hands me a towel to dry off and wring out every last drop from the sopping soaking dripping wet water from head down to toe. He is my anchor and sets me on firm ground. 

As the towel begins to get heavy and wet from drying off the now cleansing water, I begin to feel lighter and lighter. The towel is Jesus. He takes on all so that I may be dry and whole again.

Lord, keep me under the umbrella of your protection and let the graces of your forgiving love and healing cascade down as hurts, anger, rejection, distraction, and numbing fall away...give me a heart that continues to burn with love in spite of what life throws my way. ☔

Sha & St. Florian, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment