Sunday, June 19, 2022

Remembering on Father's Day

 Happy Father's Day to all the father figures, both spiritual and physical, today!

Today was a busy one with doing school work before others woke up in my house, prepping for VBS after mass, celebrating a beautiful Baptism for dear friends, and attending a Father's Day cookout party for the Friars at a friend's before giving Adam his gifts as we enjoyed a yummy lemon bar dessert tonight.

The busyness of all the celebrations helped to keep my mind distracted and from dwelling on how much I wished I could call Dad. Joy and sadness intermingle so much and so often that it simultaneously feels like a sharp jagged edge yet also has a dull side from being worn down and felt so much. This familiar feeling of restlessness yet acceptance doesn't seem like it will go away any time soon. Perhaps that is the point....to gracefully accept and then move on and to carry what has been given.

Receiving the below images tonight from my little brother did me in though.



This is the sort of story Dad would have loved to have heard about and I am so glad Patrick thought to do this. How inspiring!

Also.... Even though I am full from these - -


I am now hungry for Grottos. Lol! 

Love you, Dad. Thank you for raising us the way you did and inspiring actions like these in your absence. ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment