Monday, April 17, 2017

Three

"Things happen in threes."  - I've been known to say this from time to time and way more than just three times.  Ha.

I've been thinking about this number of three for a while.  Is it because we're in the midst of celebrating Easter and the Trinity has been on my mind?  Or maybe it's because on the evening of Good Friday during the Stations of the Cross when Charlotte was being particularly squirmy and squawking, I had taken her to the back and stood in the narthex of our church trying to keep her quiet so as to not disturb the other parishioners.  While there, I carried her over to the Holy Family statue and together we stared up at the peaceful faces of St. Joseph, Mary, and baby Jesus cradled in one another's arms.  They, too, are a family of three as Adam, Charlotte, & I are.  In fact, we have that same statue in our family living room downstairs!  I had given it to Adam as a wedding night gift.


Also, in thinking about the number three......it was three years ago today, on Easter Monday, that Adam Skyped with my parents to seek their blessing in asking me to be his wife!!  Now, when Easter rolls around, it has even more special meaning for me as Adam chose Easter Monday to be the day when he set the wheels in motion for creating our family even though I didn't know it at the time.

We are coming up on our second wedding anniversary next month and it is hard to believe it has only been three years since I was living in North Carolina preparing to relocate to Ohio, Adam in California, and that this precious little gift of a girl was not here with us yet.  As I turn ahead to summer and count down the days until finals (16 days until the last day of classes!), it feels as if we've been doing this married and family gig for much longer than we have.  It feels as if we've been in this house, as a couple, for way longer than nearly two years. 

I still feel the incredible honor and sometimes shock that Adam chose me to be his life partner and sit back amazed at God's hand in it all in guiding us to each other and bringing us to our cozy little home in our sweet little town.  I am so thankful God brought such a loving and faithful husband and father into Charlotte's and my lives.  What a good reminder for little old me to put my trust back in the Lord and to increase in surrendering.  Healing of these fresh gaping wounds and closeness with the Lord will come in time but I need to do my part in growing in my trust and faith as well.  Things happen in threes but thank God that He has no limit and goes above and beyond three in terms of blessings and quantity of love He holds for His children.



No comments:

Post a Comment