Wednesday, October 21, 2015

2 by 2

Two years ago today it all changed for me.   Even though I had/have an amazing network of supportive family and friends, two years ago, it was just Dusty and me against the world...again with the support of loved ones.  Dusty and I were on the cusp of my finishing my time in NC and not sure what was coming next or where I was going upon graduation.  Two years ago from this very date, I was teaching a class and drafting my final two chapters of my dissertation along with other research I was involved with at the time.  In fact, I was working on a 3MT (three minute speech) in which I discussed points from my dissertation in 3 minutes or less for a competition.  I was beginning to think about needing to start packing up my things from my brother's house bit by bit in NC and putting job applications together to send out far and wide all over the United States with one particular school in Ohio that happened to be very close to the PA border being at the top of that stack of papers and having already been sent to Human Resources via snail mail.  I had also just returned from a fabulous trip to Nashville, TN where I had met up with my little brother for our first time there.  The leaves were just beginning to change in NC (fall happens later there than at home) and change was all around me in the air on 10/21/13.  Then, it happened.  Around lunchtime, after a morning of playing catch up from the days away in Nashville, I checked my email and hopped onto my CatholicMatch profile to see that I had been matched up with someone who had a neat outdoors photo featured on his page.

Looking back at our first introduction, three little words started it all:

Meg:  Beautiful scenery photos!
Adam:  Thanks.  That's a nice vertical leap you've got in yours.  ;)

He was replying to this photo (ironically from California which is where he lived at the time).

From the point of initial contact on that late October day, it wasn't long before we became a team of two talking about anything and everything that was happening in our lives.   So much so that we made the decision for me to come to Ohio five months later when I got the call that they wanted to hire me while standing in the parking lot of a restaurant in CA all the way to the time he got a call in a parking lot this past summer as we crossed from Indiana back into Ohio and stopped for a meal at another restaurant and he said yes to a job promotion.  From helping each other with everyday tasks to laughing uncontrollably to moving, planning a wedding, and now expecting a new little one, I'm so glad that our little team of two grew to four (with the two loveable pups) to now five come St. Patrick's Day!

It's amazing what can happen in two short years!  As I watched the sun come up over the trees this morning, I couldn't help but reflect over all that has happened and all that is to come.  What an amazing author our God is at this story of life we're all living!!! On Monday, at work, a colleague responded with surprise when I mentioned that Wednesday would be two years since Adam and I met online and he exclaimed, "Only two years and you're already hitched?!"  Hehe...what can I say, when God has a plan all we can do is get out of the way and let Him do the work!




I look forward to what tomorrow will bring but also relish today (and yesterday).  In fact, yesterday when I came home from work, I was surprised to see these beautiful autumn flowers from Adam in a most unique vase!  How thoughtful!!  The pups, baby, and I are so blessed and lucky to have such a wonderful man in our lives!

These are the first gifts for the baby:  cute Froggie slippers from Adam's sister and family in CA and a CatholicMatch baby onesie from CM...how fun!
 

Aunt Maureen mailed us this terrific book from Boston, MA.  Can't wait to read it to the little one!
For those who may have missed our exciting announcement, here is how we spread the news earlier this week!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment