Tuesday, March 29, 2022

My most favorite student

 Charlotte Annie got to come to work with me this morning due to her school closing and my not having childcare until later in the morning. In the past, she used to be with me on campus pretty frequently but with online teaching last year, there is a whole group of my students who don't really know her as well as my former students. 

Some of that changed today when I had to bring her to work with me due to her school closing, Adam subbing, and my not being able to find childcare. I was scheduled to be on campus from 9:15am through 8:30pm.

At first, I stressed and worried for over two hours about it in trying to figure out how could I meet both her needs and those of my students. I wondered if I could still carry out my plans for that day and debated still trying to lecture with Charlotte in the room. Then, about ten minutes before we had to leave, I grabbed a children's book and matching puppet of the main character from Charlotte's baby shower and decided to scratch my original plans for this morning's lesson. 

Instead, my students were able to practice some of the strategies they have been learning this semester on a curious six year old, she learned some new vocabulary terms, and she even got to draw on some of the boards while I lectured a tiny bit. I hope she remembers this morning as one that was fun and joyful. 

Today's unexpected start will probably come in handy during tomorrow's talk given the topic of the panel. How timely! So thankful for the different ways available, at this point in my life, to serve others...from those in my home to outside the home with thanks from a lot of help/support! Looking forward to hearing stories from the other women on the panel tomorrow evening, too! 




No comments:

Post a Comment