Thursday, March 7, 2024

Charlotte Annie is eight!

I can hardly believe that we have an eight year old today. This birthday week has been extra special because not only have we been prepping for her upcoming birthday party on Sunday afternoon but we also have been getting ready for her second Sacrament. Charlotte will take part in her First Confession on Saturday morning! That means two thumbs up for the upcoming weekend of celebrations and fun with family and friends!


Charlotte opted for a unicorn theme for her 8th birthday party. When I asked her what else we ought to consider since both boy and girl friends would be in attendance, I suggested dragons to go along with the whimsical theme. She chastised me and said, "No, Mama! Horses! We can do horses and unicorns!" Hence the "Horsin' Around: It's GrEIGHT to be 8 Unicorn-Style" themed birthday party that we will hold on Sunday afternoon. 

Charlotte is a girly-girl loving the color, pink, glitter, rainbows, and sparkles. So unicorns are right up her alley! She continues to enjoy water activities as she did last year and will continue with her swimming lessons this summer as part of her summer camp activities. She still likes adding bath bombs to her bubble baths and enjoys sharing cans of fizzy water...especially if it's one of my favorite flavors and is already opened being enjoyed by me. ;)

She continues to love being a student in our local Catholic elementary school and has been enjoying learning cursive and is starting to tell time as a 2nd grader. She lists her favorite specials as being music, gym, art, library, and computers in that order.  


Recently, we began allowing her to have sleepovers so most Friday nights, we find ourselves hosting her other half, Natalie, for their fun playdates turned sleepovers. 


She is still a music lover and can often be found belting out lyrics to a current favorite song or silently playing as she listens to music inside or outside of the house. Hershey, still somewhat nervous at times, is a more willing playmate for her as of late.




Over the past year, we have taken in a lot of adventures, often going on them with our friends, Robbie & Liz. We've been enjoying exploring more of what all Ohio has to offer and making new memories!


A highlight from this past summer was taking dear family friends home to Schuylkill County for a summertime visit at Grammy's house!






Charlotte can be a quiet little bloom in her little patch or she can be center of it all flitting from one friend to another like a delicate butterfly. She keeps us on our toes! 

She still enjoys going to plays and musicals, movies, and performing for her family and college friends when they babysit her. 


She often colors her nails with markers, rather than using nail polish, and has been known to take markers to her clothing (ahem), and still asks to wear Mommy's lipstick. She got her ears pierced the night before Thanksgiving this past fall and enjoys picking out her outfits each day.  


Thinking of some of her favorites, she still enjoys spending time with her college friends, Girls GIFT (Growing in Faith/Fellowship/Friendship Together) teachers and peers, puppies, babies, her friends, and her favorite song is still Alicia Keys' This Girl is on Fire

When she grows up, she says she will be a "teacher at Mommy's school or a gymnastics teacher at All4Kids". She also takes after her Mama, in that she has a sweet tooth. Nutella is still a beloved snack especially on a spoon.
--------------------------

I had the opportunity to ask Charlotte the below questions as a newly turned 8 year old. Enjoy her responses! :)

1) If your stuffed animals could talk, what would they say?

Um, they would say, "Good morning, Charlotte. I hope you have a good day at school."

2) What does it feel like when I hug you?

I feel like I have some love in me and that people really, really, really, really care about me. Do four reallys. And I feel like God will love me forever. And you. And Daddy, and Grammy, and Grandma, Pa, Hershey, Dusty, and Pappy. And all my cousins in the whole, wide universe. And my BFF: Natalie!

3) If you drew everything that came into your head, what would you be drawing right now?

I would make Dusty, me, and Hershey, Pappy, Grammy, and God all hugging me. God's arms would be right around us. Dusty would be in the middle because I really really miss him.

4) What do you think you're going to dream about tonight?

Ummmmm, um, um, no, that's not what I'm saying, I'm just trying to think. That's not what I wanted. Mom. Hmm, I'm not talking to you anymore. 

5) What sounds do you like best and why?

I like it when Dusty barked and when he scratched on the door like the treadmill. When he barked, it was like a trumpet going.
                                                    ---------------------------

Last year, while penning the turning seven birthday post, I marveled at the timing of being invited to speak on a podcast about living as a Catholic with infertility. This then led to a piece I wrote coming out on Charlotte's birthday. Lo and behold, since then, I have been invited to be a regular contributor to the ministry and am currently piloting a small group here in town. What a providential gift that I am able to see God is in all the details yet again one year later as a piece I wrote is being published today, too. Incredible! 

Happy 8th Birthday, Charlotte Annie, on the 7th of March!  You are as unique as a unicorn and bring laughter and joy as we horse around as a family of three.



Sts. Felicity & Perpetua, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment