Friday, March 28, 2014

Fueled by Faith Friday

What a crazy day it was today!  It started bright and early at 6am with an early morning on campus to attend an award ceremony with my parents, some fun colleagues, and my trusted advisor.  Next, my parents and I tried out a few culinary dishes at Natty Greene's in anticipation of our lunch gathering that will take place on Graduation Day in six weeks!!

After a quick stop at the post office and Sweet Frogs for a delicious frozen yogurt dessert, we finally made it back to the house by 4:30pm.  What a whirlwind of a day!  Then my Mom and I ran over to IHM where we met up with some church friends and attended an emotional living Stations of the Cross put on by the youth at my church.  The kids did a great job and I loved listening to my friend's beautiful voice as she sang some of the songs, one of which was my NC anthem of "Be Not Afraid".

I appreciated the lyrics tonight as I had been stressing over graduation day plans and the summer moving schedule earlier this afternoon.  What a terrific reminder tonight's Stations of the Cross provided me in helping me to realize that I need to offer up the stress and worry and trust in Jesus.  Now, it's not even 10pm and I'm ready to fall into bed after the hectic busy day we had.

Here is more information about the award ceremony this morning.  Enjoy the photos thanks to my colleague's husband who made like paparazzi by shooting photos all morning!  ; )  Happy Day # 5:  It was terrific getting to talk to others about my research and so neat my parents were able to attend the ceremony (and take photos..ha).  I'm so thankful for the opportunities I've been blessed with amidst the hustle and bustle of everyday living!




Email announcement at work: 
We want to extend congratulation to Meg, Tammy, and Sheresa.  These students have been selected to receive a 2014 School of Education Graduate Research Award! Each department was asked to identify three top graduate research scholars in their department. Although general guidelines were given, each department was left to create a selection process and criteria to select their students. The departments were asked to identify an overall top student and then two who should receive honorable mention. In the SES department, Meg was chosen as the overall top student while Tammy and Sheresa received honorable mention.  These three individuals are being honored today, March 28th, for their hard work and achievements. 




 
 
The professor in charge of the event sent this lovely follow-up email later today:

I just want to personally thank all of you for making our first Research Award Ceremony a huge success.  Students, you all did an excellent job on the posters and I'm sure everyone enjoyed seeing and talking with you about your various projects.  Those of you who had the opportunity to speak did a super job.  There are many times as an administrator or as a faculty member where I face days that can be long and frustrating.  But it is  days and events like this morning, working with students and faculty such as you, that make it all worthwhile.  Thank you so much for all that you do!


Yes, today was jam-packed with smiles, speeches, nerves, conversations, stress, tears, & exhaustion that has me yearning for bed I'm glad to be able to turn it all over to God and offer it up to Him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment