Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Growing in the virtue of patience

This semester, God is certainly wanting me to work on increasing in the virtue of patience.  You see, over one month ago, a gentleman plowed into my car while my parents and I were out and about in my new town.  Fortunately no one was seriously injured.  It took several days for the police report (other driver was 100% at fault) to be sent to me but once I had that information in my hands, I went ahead and procured the estimate from the garage recommended to me by my new insurance agency.

Well, here we are one day before my second road trip since the accident and my car is still not fixed nor have I heard anything from the other insurance company.  The adjustor did come out last week on Tuesday.  He said he would submit his information to the insurance company and that a representative would be calling with the next steps.

I find it hard to believe that my car is still damaged and in the condition it is in when the accident happened over a month ago.  Each time it rains, water leaks into my car and the sound quality is horrible from the lack of a sealed shut door not to mention the fact that I can't use the back passenger door at all and the windows in the driver's side and the rear passenger doors don't go down all the way.  UGH!!!!  I know it could be MUCH MUCH MUCH worse and am thankful it isn't but boy is it frustrating!!
 
Some positive news that happened tonight relates to another time someone rammed into my poor car (RIP Saturn)....due to having to buy a car and all of a sudden have a car payment during my second year in the PhD program, I panicked and took out some financial aid to pay for that one semester of schooling.  I had no idea one itty bitty little semester could cost so much!!  Well, I'm proud to say that after my first two paychecks and a lot of penny pinching, the $1746 debt I had acquired is paid off...I officially own ALL of my education now.  Woohoo!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment