Saturday, October 17, 2015

Meals as a Mrs. ~ Chicken Cacciatore in the Slow Cooker


  A couple months ago, we followed this recipe to try our hand at creating chicken cacciatore using the crock pot.  A lot of ingredients were needed but once they were all in the crock pot, the hard work was done and the house started to smell delicious as the aromas wafted through the air over the next eight hours.  We didn't have chicken thighs as the image suggested but the recipe did say we could use breasts instead so we opted to use chicken breasts for this particular recipe.







We served the finished chicken cacciatore with a side of rice for a satisfying and good meal.  I especially liked the mushrooms within this dish.  Enjoy!

I read this tonight and liked the sentiment behind it:

An intelligent man will open your mind, a handsome man will open your eyes, and a gentleman will open your heart (and not break it).  The same can be said for women to men.

Just last night, after attending a talk on campus with Adam and hearing his thoughts about the particular issue at hand, I thanked him for sharing the information with me and helping me to think about things in different light.  There are some areas where it can be overwhelming to hear his point of view or think about an issue in a drastically different way than I am used to and I'm grateful for his perspective to help me view things in another light.  This quote reminded me of that and of course it's no secret, I think he's a cutie pie.  ;)   We're coming up on the two year anniversary of when we first started talking via email and Skype.  I jokingly said the other day that I wish we had recorded our first Skype conversation when we spoke for the first time online using Skype as a phone and not using the webcam feature.  I can't believe that it all started just two years ago.  In some ways so many things have changed and life is so different (in a good way) but in others, time f-l-e-w and I can't believe it has been two years!  Here is to so many more!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment