Sunday, November 15, 2015

Thankful ~ Week 2

Day 9:  I received this thoughtful thank you card from some students after recently helping them with a group project.  The delicious pumpkin chocolate chip cookies that came with the card were much appreciated considering I had forgotten my lunch at home last Marathon Monday!  I'm also thankful for my job and the students I currently work with these days!

 

I love how my students know me well enough to get a card with a pup on the front of it.  ; )


Day 10:  I was thankful for a day away from campus last Tuesday.  After advising season, grant proposal deadline meetings, and various trainings that required me to be on campus during many of my away from campus days, it was nice having some down time this past week.

Day 11:  With it being Veteran's Day, my Dad wasn't far from my thoughts on Wednesday as well as all those in my family and outside of it who have given so much to protect our freedom.  I'm thankful for all those brave and selfless individuals who do what I don't think I could do!!

Day 12:  On Thursday, I enjoyed this yummy homemade drink Adam made for us to drink:  apple juice with cinnamon and cloves!  YUM!  I could drink this everyday and not get sick of it!!  I'm thankful for the sweet honey who made this sweet beverage!
 Day 13:  I'm thankful for these two cuddlebugs.  Need I say more?

Day 14:  On Friday, after work, I treated myself to a mini shopping spree at Kohl's and the Goodwill (thanks to coupons, gift cards, and Kohl's cash!) and picked up some maternity clothing since many of my current clothes are starting to not fit.  The next day, Saturday, I was thankful for these bargains as I did laundry and washed these outfits.  I have clothes to wear to California over the holidays now!  : )
Day 15:  This weekend was devoted to schoolwork (in an attempt to make up for taking time away from grading on Friday when I shopped) but I also printed out our Christmas letter and got the Christmas craft finished for this holiday season!!  Today, I'm thankful for Adam's help in folding the letters tonight and for finding a Christmas craft that will hopefully redeem last year's flop of a Christmas craft!!

No comments:

Post a Comment