Sunday, November 22, 2015

Thankful ~ Week 3

Day 16:  On this Marathon Monday, I was thankful when I went to my third (of four) class and received a hot chocolate from Dunkin Donuts from two of my students.  They had feared they were going to be late to class so they brought me the drink to make up for it.  LOL!

Day 17:  I'm grateful for Adam's ability to be able to come to many of my baby doctor appointments.  This past appt. I especially appreciated his presence as he distracted me from the blood being drawn (I really really really hate needles).

Day 18:  Today I'm so appreciative of God's beauty in nature around us.  I saw the most glorious sunrise this morning!  The sky was a spectacular blend of orange, yellow, and blue.

Day 19:  Just as I was about to go to bed, Adam got a burst of energy and began to put the crib together in the nursery/guest bedroom.  I helped him a little bit but when I saw the clock was approaching 12:30am, I had to beg off and head to bed.  We will finish the crib sometime this weekend!  I'm thankful for this generous gift from Adam's parents and can't wait to see the room start to come together once we get the crib assembled and I can put the sheets on the mattress to see how the colors/theme start to manifest themselves in the room!

Update:  Adam finished assembling the crib on Saturday afternoon as I washed the bedding.  It was so nostalgic smelling the laundry detergent from North Carolina as the memories of those four precious niece and nephews down there and their baby smells flooded over me.  It is surreal to think that the smell of the detergent is now for Adam's and my little one and not someone else's child.  Here is a picture of the put together crib!


Day 20:  Tonight we enjoyed ourselves in Robinson as we got some maternity clothes for me, some clothes for Adam (can't forget about Daddy), and enjoyed dinner out at a new restaurant for us (Joe's Crab Shack).  It was nice spending time with Adam outside the house and going on a dinner date but what I'm most grateful for tonight is the milkshake we picked up from Burgatory on the way home (Pretzel and Caramel which is one of Adam's and my shared addictions....YUM!).

Day 21:  I was able to spend a significant amount of time working on Christmas cards this weekend.  I'm grateful for the family and friends in our lives and love receiving their updates & photos each year. 
The Christmas 2015 cards are almost ready to be written in, stamped, and mailed!  I'm having flashbacks to mailing out wedding invitations earlier this year - - haha.
Day 22:  I'm grateful for this blog and having a place to express myself other than in my journal and talking until kingdom come to Adam, my dad, any of my brothers who will listen....etc. etc.  ; )  Today, I'm thankful for the freedom of speech and the ability to talk in the first place thanks to a lot of help as a toddler from my parents and medical professionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment