Tuesday, March 22, 2016

My Recipe Book!

Last year, I made reference to my recipe book and notes/recipes from middle and early high school when I took my home ec type courses.  I remember folks saying it was okay to throw away papers and to not have to hold on to things for so long but this recipe book is different.  I made it in my early 20s when living in Harrisburg with my twin.  It was an exciting time for us as we were both in our first "real world" jobs, sharing a teeny tiny apartment, and experimenting with cooking (he was more adventurous than I) for the first time as young adults.  I remember being thankful at the time for having saved the papers from high school and having a place to organize and sort through them by using this binder.  Since thse days on Ethel Avenue, I have acquired more recipes, tend to use the Internet for gaining new ones, and am behind in organizing the loose papers and posting the "Meals as a Mrs." dishes we tried from this past school year.  One of my summer goals is to get caught up on the postings and to turn my attention to the recipes found in my cookbooks rather than online (something I know Adam will appreciate!!).



 


These treats were some of my favorites from 8th grade.  A friend's grandma had made them for us after a sleepover party at her house.  They have been my go-to "surprise" snack ever since.
Cover of my home ec folder from early high school...apparently this was during my days of when I was hard core crushing on an upperclassman named Steve.  I wonder what ever happened to him?!  LOL!
My trusty old place setting diagram! 


No comments:

Post a Comment