Sunday, January 24, 2021

Changing yet the Same

Seven years have passed since a huge personal milestone was reached down in North Carolina. Mom & Dad were so extra proud that afternoon I defended my dissertation and even went to great lengths to surprise me with having long distance family attend the defense. Totally didn't see that one coming at all!!



I'll never forget that hug Dad gave me at the end of the defense....and how he grinned from ear to ear the rest of the day. The defense was within a week of his birthday, he had just met his future son-in-law (but we didn't know it yet), and we all anticipated the upcoming job interview I had lined up in Ohio the next month.
 
 

Such a whirlwind of emotions - - experienced both then and now. Both experienced on today's feast day of St. Francis de Sales (who happens to have a connection to deafness by the way!). The below quote has a totally different meaning now that one of my biggest fans is no longer physically here to send me the reminder text or call of what happened on today's date. I hope he's still proud. 💓



The same everlasting Father who cares for you today will care for you tomorrow and every day. Either he will shield you from suffering or give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace then and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginings.” -- St. Francis de Sales, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment