Thursday, November 22, 2012

City of Brotherly Love

As I sat here tonight, trying to get upcoming conference registration/travel costs organized for the conferences I'm attending/presenting at in 2013, I got curious and checked out where 2 of the conferences will be held next year (2014).  I was amazed when I saw the answer...!

The San Francisco conference I'm attending in April/May this spring is going to be in Philly next year!

2014 
Thursday, April 3 - Monday, April 7
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

The San Antonio conference I'm attending in April this spring is going to be in Philly next year!

Philadelphia
April 9-12, 2014


Can you believe they're back to back and in the same city??  I can easily drive up to PA, stay with my twin (if he'll have me), and go to the conference.  Plus, at that time, if all goes as planned, I'll hopefully have defended my dissertation by April 2014 and (fingers crossed) will have a job waiting for me.  I wonder if this means that I'll get my wish to have a job in PA after all...I mean things happen in 3's and should I go to both of these conferences, why not also have a job in the same state right?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment