Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Stories - we've all got 'em

This afternoon, upon reading this beautiful blog posting a friend had shared this afternoon, I reflected on how we all have something we're chasing or dealing with in our lives; a cross we are bearing if you will.  

Some are trying to help others in their lives whether it be through searching for resources, trying to accomplish all the details within their jobs, or caring for aging parents.

Others are dealing with the harsh winter weather as they yet again shovel themselves out from feet of snow and others who are grieving the loss of loved ones or facing illness.  

Still other folks are battling depression/loneliness and facing anxiety of not knowing where they next paycheck will come from as they work to support their families.

As I read the words about other women being able to have children but the author, for whatever reason, is unable to have her own nor adopt, I could feel the pain she faced.  Even though I, personally, am not in that scenario, I could empathize with the author and recall the countless friends/relatives who struggled with infertility over the years.  Yet I also know from witnessing firsthand, the incredible joy that came their way after they conceived and bore their children, sometimes years after trying to conceive so I pray for those of you out there in this situation to not lose hope! 

In addition to thinking of Garth Brooks' song, Unanswered Prayers, as I read this beautiful blog posting, I couldn't help but make the analogy that we all have something we desire in our lives; 

a job, 

a relationship, 

a better relationship with others, 

support, 

stability, 

happiness, 

....and the list goes on....

There have been many nights I have pondered why I wasn't given what I most desired or why there were so many bumps in the road when it appeared others seemed to have whatever/whomever they wanted without so much as lifting a finger and those nights still come but I have faith that all will work out as it should.  The author of the posting reminded me of an important lesson today.   
It does not matter.  We all have our own stories....and plans.  

God's plan that is.  We need to stop comparing ourselves to others and remember to ask ourselves as the author of the posting stated, "What does it matter to me and to follow Jesus" anyway.



So, as I write these words tonight, I'm taken back to this new song I heard the other afternoon on the radio.  It comes to us from Francesca Batistelli and is called, "Write Your Story".  May we all have the courage to act on our faith, whatever that might mean for you, and rest assured that God is writing our story even if the days are dark and grim right now.  Pax!

Jeremiah 29:11 ~ "Fear not, for I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord.  "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future".

No comments:

Post a Comment