Monday, August 4, 2014

Oh meet me in ....

I think I mentioned previously that ever since meeting Adam last October, every week, I notice a shirt or license plate or some other reference to California at least once.  Lately, this trend seems to be spilling over into other arenas.  I am currently sitting in Las Vegas, Nevada (not New Mexico) for the first time.  I was feeling tempted to go over and play some slots but was afraid I would lose all my money when I don't have any to lose so turned around and watched the sun set over the beautiful mountains that surround this airport instead.  Now that it is dark, I can see the reflection of the colorful spinning slot lights in the window but decided to put my head down and get to work on a proposal I found out about today.  This particular conference usually has the proposals due around Halloween but for some reason they are due earlier this year.


I always enjoy this deaf education conference and plan to still attend in the upcoming years even though my new job is in general education so that I can still be in the loop of my first chosen profession.  :)  Recognize the conference's location for next year?  Yep, meet me in St. Louis (which is one of my all time favorite movies)!!

So, in a city known for gambling, partying, and other shenanigans, I decided to start working on my proposal (what am I thinking?!  I should be sitting at a slot machine!).  As I glanced up to look at the pretty colorful lights reflecting in the window, I saw a gal wearing a bright blue shirt that said, "College of Education and Public Service Saint Louis University".  Wow, what are the odds I thought?!  It wasn't until a few more minutes went by before I realized that my gate will next be boarding passengers headed to St. Louis. 

However, I will raise you one (or is it double down?  I don't know...I don't gamble.  Where is my little brother when I need him?).  Not only am I working on a proposal for a conference that will be held in St. Louis sitting at a gate for a plane bound for Saint Louis but when my phone rang just now, it was my Aunt Maureen who used to live in St. Louis!  Boom!  Hmm, is that sufficient coincidental luck for me to stop working on this proposal to wander over to the slot machines a mere few yards away from me?  Nah, I'd rather not roll that dice.  Besides, I'm already....

   ; )
 
I also leave you with this since I am currently sitting in this airport. 
 
 
 
 
 
You're welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment