Sunday, June 20, 2021

Adam = Whatta Man! (Yes, I'm invoking Salt-N-Pepa)

 My prayer for my hubby this Father's Day is a play on words using the letters in his name. :)

A: Aspire to be like St. Joseph. He is the best role model of an earthly Father to imitate. Adam often jokes that it's hard to get a word in when living with Charlotte and me in the same house. He's not wrong. Folks often reflect on how "silent" St. Joseph is in depictions of him. I like to think that while we may not have many quotes to share from him, we have many an example of how he lived his life. He was obedient to God, had much character and put the needs of his family above all else, was an extremely hard worker, and was an amazing support system for both Mary and Jesus. Ever since I was a little girl, I've been drawn to the Holy Family and especially to St. Joseph due to his quiet strong presence in the small family of three. It seems only fitting that, in a small way, my family is mirroring the Holy Family in that way (in number anyway).

D: Dream up what you would have our family's legacy be. Stay close to the Lord and listen to what He is telling you for not only you but also us. If today you hear His voice, harden not your heart. No dream is too impossible or trivial. If it's on your heart, let's do something about it! We are the hands and feet of Christ and our family is as unique, special, and worthy as the next one! Yet the gifts and talents God has bestowed on you, and our family, is fashioned for just us and how we can utilize them as He would see fit for nothing is impossible without God, right? ;)

A: Always continue being who you are. The other day, my heart overflowed with love as I watched you engage in  62 minutes (yes, class ran over two minutes long) of Junior Ninja simply because Charlotte needed you at her side. Even though your ankle was throbbing in pain, you were still her personal assistant/cheerleader/best daddy ever in helping her to see yes, she can do the hard things and there is nothing to be afraid of in trying even if it's a new move. Thank you for loving Charlotte and for loving me in the ways that you do.

MMysteries in life abound but so do miracles and mercy. Thank you for being the man behind both of those for me. On paper, we should never have met. Yet we did. That is a miracle right there. The thought of little Charlotte Annie almost never having been loved into existence makes my heart physically hurt. Thanks be to God for the mystery of meeting, falling in love, and allowing us the one shot to create her. I promise to never take for granted these things and to continually strive to focus on the good rather than the what ifs. Thank you for the mercy you extend when I complain, whine, or cry. Thank you for loving my broken self. It takes a special sort of man to love a woman who can't hear, who can't give you more children, and who constantly messes up but you love me anyway and still show up for both Charlotte and me day in and day out which I know is no easy task and inspires me to do the same and to try to do better each and every day...we're in it together! May God continue to pour out mercy, miracles, and be with us in the mysteries of marriage/parenting/growing as a family.

Happy Father's Day, my love. 

                                                                      From, forever your girls



No comments:

Post a Comment