Wednesday, June 2, 2021

The power of an encouraging word...

Today is June 2nd.  This is the long awaited book revision month.  When I heard back from my editor close to the end of the semester on April 30th, I had asked if I could have until June 30th to make revisions knowing that I would not be able to focus on it until June due to previous commitments that would take me through to the end of May. She thankfully granted me the June 30th deadline which meant that as soon as Memorial Day ended, literally, I would begin working on tackling the reviewers' table I had created. 

The ten page single-spaced reviewers' table gave me pause but I dove in yesterday. Over the last two days I was able to address the comments the reviewers had inserted in the draft. Tomorrow will be a new day and will allow for me to begin unpacking the table's suggestions.

I'm even more excited as I can see how the changes I've made over the last 48 hours have already substantially strengthened the manuscript. I also was tickled to see this comment toward the end of tonight's work session.  I also am having a bit of a fangirl moment considering that this particular reviewer has heavily influenced my work.  She is mentioned by name within the manuscript a mere 19 times....!  

Check out this other comment from a different reviewer.....it's so thrilling and affirming to read this sort of appreciation of my work...even in its rough draft state!

Can't wait to continue writing tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment