Saturday, June 12, 2021

Cousin Traditions

My oldest niece (13) and nephew (12) on my side of the family are here for the week. When the threat of rain took away tonight's plans of going to a small amusement park, Clark suggested we play a game at home instead, reminding me of the fun game nights we enjoyed in previous years. I said to Mason in passing tonight, "I love our tradition." She smiled and nodded knowing what I meant. This special trip is the much anticipated cousins trip we enjoy each summer. In fact, Mason and Clark were our first overnight guests after Adam and I were married in 2015! 

This is the 7th summer for Mason and I think the 6th for Clark to come spend time with us. They have been here for 24 hours and we have already been to All4Kids, a paint your own ceramic studio, and enjoyed amazing brownies. I have a couple more surprises planned for the remaining days and love watching them make more memories with Charlotte!

Clark is a good sport for playing what Charlotte wants to play! 😎
Mason is the oldest granddaughter while Charlotte is the youngest. They are the only girls and Charlotte calls her "cousin sister". 😍


No comments:

Post a Comment