Thursday, January 26, 2023

Be Satisfied with Me prayer

I stumbled upon this prayer when looking for one to pray for a dear friend. This prayer spoke to me on a number of levels. It is such a beautiful prayer! Have you heard this prayer before....or is it new for you like it was for me? 

It is called Be Satisfied with Me and is by St. Anthony of Padua.... It is soooo powerful and one I am sitting with tonight. 😘


Everyone longs to give themselves completely to someone. 

To have a deep soul relationship with another. 

To be loved thoroughly and exclusively. But to a Christian, God says, "No, not until you are satisfied, Fulfilled and content with being loved by Me alone, With giving yourself totally and unreservedly to Me. With having an intensely personal and unique relationship with Me alone.

Discovering that only in Me is your satisfaction to be found, 

Will you be capable of the perfect human relationship, 

that I have planned for you. 

You will never be united to another Until you are united with Me. 

Exclusive of anyone or anything else.

Exclusive of any other desires or longings. 


I want you to stop planning, 

to stop wishing, 

and allow Me to give you The most thrilling plan existing . . . one you cannot imagine. I want you to have the best. Please allow Me to bring it to you. You just keep watching Me, expecting the greatest things. 

Keep experiencing the satisfaction that I am. 

Keep listening and learning the things that I tell you. Just wait, that's all. 


Y'all... Here is my favorite part. 

Don't be anxious, don't worry. Don't look around at things others have gotten or that I have given them. Don't look around at the things you think you want. Just keep looking off and away up to Me. Or you'll miss what I want to show you. And then, when you're ready, I'll surprise you with a love far more wonderful than you could dream of...You see, until you are ready, and until the one I have for you is ready, I am working even at this moment to have both of you ready at the same time. Until you are both satisfied exclusively with Me and the life I prepared for you, you won't be able to experience the love that exemplified your relationship with Me. And this is perfect love. And dear one, I want you to have this most wonderful love, I want you to see in the flesh a picture of your relationship with Me. And to enjoy materially and concretely the everlasting union of beauty, perfection and love that I offer you with Myself. Know that I love you utterly. I AM God. Believe it and be satisfied.

Amen.  


So beautiful...and I think I'd going to be my new nighttime prayer for a while!


Unrelated...but so sweet, and dare I say satisfying? I came home this evening to this beautiful artwork from my favorite artist after another long day on campus. She had taped it to the front door and head every light in the house turned on...our house radiated brightness reflecting off the nighttime sparkly snow. 


All the worries and jumbled thoughts from work just seemed to melt away as I climbed the snowy steps to our front porch and saw this explosion of color jump out at me from the entryway to our home. 


Be satisfied, Oh Lord, with my family and me.

Be satisfied with ways we strive to serve others and ways we try to share Your Love. 

Be satisfied with our second chances and our "I'm sorrys" when we mess up and keep on loving us, Lord.

Thank you for the deep gratitude I felt upon seeing art and a handwritten greeting that reminded me how satisfied a little girl is that I'm her mom. 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment