Monday, July 8, 2013

Anything's possible

What a day!

After arriving back to High Point and falling asleep around 2am last night, 07/07 got started bright and early at 6:30am as I awoke to an eager to drink his bottle (almost) 7 month old who didn't go back to sleep. 

The babysitting day went by along with some clouds as the rain held off until the evening. 

Clark and Nick got in some brotherly bonding this morning as we had a lazy start to our Sunday at 7am.

Social Nicholas was more interested in flashing me his sweet smiles than in napping today...

Braden was ready to take on the oversized toys once he awoke from his nap.
Somehow, I missed taking a photo of sweet Mason Noelle today so here is one from the first babysitting week of Summer 2013! 


My goddaughter is such a beauty! 
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151503906386603  --- > Here is a cute video I took of Mason & Clark playing this afternoon.  I love being able to be a part of their imaginations through playing with them (although in this video, I was the neutral bystander taping this little interaction).  :)

After babysitting, the rain fell (in a torrential downpour!!) as I drove over to Sweet Frog in Greensboro to enjoy my "dinner" of a yummy concoction of all things peanut butter cup and cappuccino flavored.  Check out this crazy looking sky where it was raining in some areas yet the sun was shining in others!!


As we threw together our wacky concoctions, when Andy, who is such a gentleman, upon seeing my cup that was half filled with peanut butter cups and topped off with peanut butter sauce with a little bit of frozen yogurt in it, asked if I had enough peanut butter...I had to chuckle.  If he only knew of my family's love affair with chocolate and peanut butter.  Hehe. 

After indulging in our sweet creations, we headed over to Guilford College, the hosting park of Music in the Park (MUSEP) this week.  Since the rain had stopped and the sky seemed to have cleared up, we figured we would be soon listening to music and sipping wine on this summer Sunday night.  As we wandered around Founder's Lawn, and saw small patches of people scattered over the grass, we figured the concert was delayed and surveyed the grounds for a spot to set up our folding chairs.  As we strolled the grounds, a voice from a nearby group called us over and said to, "C'mon and sit down!" with them.  Andy and I looked at each other, shrugged, and joined the circle.  Turns out this gathering of about 15 friendly faces was part of a Meetup Group called, "Anything's Possible", and this was one of their fun social events they had planned in spite of the forecast of rain.  They told us about the concert being canceled but invited us to drink and eat of their food/beverages.  The neat thing about the group was the diversity in where folks hailed from (Canada, San Francisco, Boston, NJ/NY, Winston-Salem, PA, etc.).  I hope to join them in the future at fun events if my schedule permits (especially the event that involves a party bus and wineries..hehe).

We had a fun  MUSEP evening in spite of the missing music.  Andy and I stayed long after the other folks had left and enjoyed the Iron Gate Green Apple wine.  Margo definitely made a good decision to buy that bottle in the spring and give it to me..ha!  So much so, that I think a return trip to my first winery I visited in NC is in order to replenish that yummy tasty wine!  Overall, it was fun sitting on a college campus that reminded me of the Oak Grove at my alma mater, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, with a boy from Pennsylvania.  It was also refreshing to spend time with a true gentleman and I look forward to new & growing relationships/friendships via the new students/faculty at work I will meet next month and those I will meet at future conference presentations/job interviews during what will probably my last year in NC...!!  As we left the pretty campus of GC, we listened to the crickets chirping (ineffectively trying to calculate the night's temperature by counting the number of chirps and adding 40 to it, watched the lightning bugs flash, and remininiscenced about our own college days.  When we got back to the car, as we said goodbye, all of a sudden it sounded like someone had turned on a bath tub spigot, and water came gushing out in the form of an immediate downpour (again).  I'm just glad the rain waited until after we were off campus and by our cars!  Memorable and fun night for sure!!

Of course, I'm still trying to live in the moment, to continue to fully embrace the present while also planning for the future (jobs...moving....where will I wind up?!) but it's neat to realize that honestly, anything is possible!!  =)

1st MUSEP of Summer 2013!  =)


No comments:

Post a Comment