Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"What's your husband's name?"

This afternoon, I attempted to have my car inspected.  I had scheduled the appointment 3.5 weeks ago and purposely scheduled it for 3pm this afternoon since I had a previously scheduled meeting from 10-3pm on my calendar.  Upon finishing that meeting by 12:30pm, I quickly called the mechanic to see if I could be seen earlier than the 3pm appointment.  I left a voicemail with my name, number, and request.

Unfortunately, I did not hear back from the mechanic so I opted to stay on campus and do other work as I waited for the clock to strike 3.  Upon my arrival, the men behind the counter asked how they could help me.  I stated I was there for my 3pm inspection appointment.  A confused look came over the one gentleman's face as he said,

"I rescheduled it with Kevin". 

"Excuse me?"

"I spoke to your husband, Kevin, earlier today."

"Who?  No, I'm here for Megan.  I have a 3pm appointment."

"No, Kevin and I talked earlier and changed your appointment."

"I have a good friend named Kevin but he is not involved with this appointment.  I'm not sure I know what you're talking about here."

"Kevin, your husband...at XXX-XXX-XXXX."

"I have no idea who's number that is."

"We aren't doing inspections today.  That is why we had to reschedule your appointment as I explained to Kevin earlier today."

"No, I called at 12:30 and left a voicemail saying I could come in before 3 if you had any openings since my meeting ended earlier than planned.  No one called back so I assumed my appointment was still on for 3."

"Right and we called back and spoke with your husband Kevin.  He said you could come in next Wednesday at 3pm!"

"I don't know who you are referring to..was it for the 2010 Pontiac Vibe?!"

"It was your husband!"

(counting to ten in my head)

"What is your husband's name?" (scrolling down the computer screen)

"I don't have one!  I also don't understand how his name and number are associated with me.  My dad and my brother have been here so they're in your system but neither of them are named Kevin."

"Well, then why did he say it was okay to reschedule?"

"I don't know!  So, what you're telling me is that I can't get my car inspected today?"

"Not unless the DMV person comes and fixes my inspection machine."

"When will that be?"

"It could be two hours from now.  It could be tomorrow or it could be next week."

"So I can't reschedule my appointment...even after waiting for 2.5 hours today to come here at 3pm?"

"Right, we don't know when the DMV person will be here.  But we can call you when we are able to do inspections again."

At this point, I was so irritated and frustrated that I left...this place has provided excellent service in the past so it was very disappointing to find out I couldn't have the car inspected as planned.  Let's just hope the other two days I have available work out and that they have the ability to complete the inspection then. 



Maybe Kevin, my imaginary husband, can take my car over there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment