Thursday, July 3, 2014

Fifth publication!


Gardiner-Walsh, S., Kemmery, M., & Compton, M. V.  (2014).  First steps in the journey from consumers to producers of research in deaf education.  American Annals of the Deaf, 159, 59-74.

Here is my fifth publication...hot off the presses! 

This one was written with a colleague at UNCG and our advisor.  We conducted the study during the 2010/2011 school year and took our first stab at writing the manuscript in Summer 2011.  I have lost track of how many revisions we have made to this bad boy...one of which included scrapping the original two manuscripts we had written and making it one combined manuscript.

After a LOT of work and rewriting, and a couple poster presentations in Austin, Texas & Jacksonville, Florida we submitted and found a home for the research in Annals.  Voila!!  Here we are seven months after it was accepted looking at the cover page of my first published deaf education article in black and white print!!!  I can't wait to get my hands on the actual journal and see and touch the pages in person. 

Come on mail and deliver my copy of the journal please! 



2 comments: