Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Stocking up on the Happy

Well, I fell short.  






With only 21 days to go until the end of the 100 Happy Days blog post I ran out of steam.  For those of you who did follow along with this posting, I hope you enjoyed the days I did share.  Maybe if I do it again someday, I'll actually stick it out til the end.




Not all is wasted though.  What I did learn from this challenge was to look for the happy in each day and to try to focus on those more than the not so happy things.  Did I succeed?  I would like to think that I did focus on the positive more so than the negative during these days.  I suppose the analogy of "be like a dog" could be made.  When I think about how little Dusty Shamrock unabashedly shows his affection and happiness regardless of the time of day or if he has just seen me ten minutes earlier, one can learn to be more joyful.  I wonder what the world would be like if we could all be like a puppy and show such happiness with no reservations to one another!




I posted this picture last July but the caption I wrote then still applies today:

Dusty Shamrock has taught me a thing or two over the last 6.5 7.5 years. One I am still working on is trying to take the time to smell the roses. 

Here's to all of us picking a lovely bouquet as we stop to smell the flowers.  :)  Happy July to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment