Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Meals as a Mrs. ~ Stuffed Pork Chops with Cheddar Potato Casserole

The other weekend, after taking a quick day trip out to Cleveland and back, I served an oldie but goodie to a friend who was visiting us from Pennsylvania.  In our early 20s, I used to live with my twin who was dating his now wife at the time.  After one visit with her he shared the leftovers of a dinner they had made with me in our little apartment in Harrisburg.  I remember loving the dinner then and still do now! 

It has been Y-E-A-R-S since I made this little number but was easy to throw together on Friday night so that it could be stored in the fridge and all we would have to do is stick it in the oven for a few minutes on Saturday after a whirlwind of a day of day tripping.

Below you'll see the old recipe for the Cheddar Potato Casserole and the Stuffed Pork Chops that had been printed from an email from Mark way back when that I hung on to all these years in my trusty old cookbook.

When making the Cheddar Potato Casserole, I use instant potatoes rather than the "real thing".  It still tastes good and saves a bit of time if you're pressed for it.  I also usually just sprinkle a handful of cheddar cheese on top rather than measure out a half cup.
Here is a plate with the "plain" cheddar potato casserole on it...
....and this one shows what the cheddar potato casserole with the fixins on it looks like!  Mmm!


We ate dinner on the patio that night.  Dusty was practically under our feet in case there were any scraps dropped to the floor but Hershey watched from one of his favorite spots over by the flowers (he likes to eat).  ; - )

No comments:

Post a Comment