Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Busy Bee vs. Being Still

Many of you know that I keep late hours to try to keep up with the never ending flow of schoolwork and in the last few nights have not been able to sleep anyway due to receiving sad news back home.

 
Well, tonight, I instead chose to work on items for the upcoming retreat at the beach that I've been planning. 


Even Dusty Shamrock is excited about the retreat!

A small voice in the back of my mind kept telling me I should be working on my literature review or on my syllabus for the course I'm teaching in the fall or this or that or that over there.  I chose to block out that voice and focus on my work for the retreat.  When I finished w/ the retreat preparation for the evening, I picked up a meditation book I'll be taking to read on the beach and on a whim turned to July 9th (not realizing it was after midnight). 




Here is what it said:
    Stop worrying long enough to hear My voice. I speak softly to you, in the depths of your being. Your mind shuttles back and forth, hither and yon, weaving webs of anxious confusion. As My thoughts rise up within you, they become entangled in those sticky webs of worry. Thus, My voice is muffled, and you hear only “white noise.”
    Ask My Spirit to quiet your mind so that you can think My thoughts. This ability is an awesome benefit of being My child, patterned after My own image. Do not be deafened by the noise of the world or that of your own thinking. Instead, be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Sit quietly in My Presence, letting My thoughts reprogram your thinking.


I wonder if Shaun heard Jesus calling him 5 days ago.  I hope he is able to sit quietly in God's presence now and have the peace he deserves. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey - don't do too much! Be good to yourself! (We all need to have that quiet place, far from the madding crowd, don't we..?)

    ReplyDelete