Sunday, June 23, 2013

A ray of hope

In the hustle & bustle that comes with living with a young family (4 children under the age of 6...seriously, how did my parents do it w/ my brothers and me??!!) and coordinating various schedules with colleagues/friends/work, trying to maintain the dissertation timeline, and trying to keep my head above the research water among many other things like trying to live in the present and trying to keep from worrying about planning for the class I'm teaching this fall or wondering where/if I will land a job during that same semester for the following year and thinking about moving somewhere new (yikes!!)...it's so easy to get swept along with the tide and drown in the overwhelming waves.  But then I receive emails like this one below:

Megan,

I am at your disposal and would enjoy meeting with your group.  Of course at this point, I have no idea what our schedule would be in the early part of next year.  As a family, however, we are nothing if not flexible.  Pencil me in for any of the months and don't hesitate to move me if you have someone who lacks my flexibility.  When such things happen, I usually think that the Holy Spirit is involved and will go with the flow.

I await your directions!



How reassuring it was to receive an email of this sort as I work to coordinate the 2014 Theology on Tap series (yeah, I wasn't busy enough)!  Thank God for folks who have flexibility and are patient enough to wait on me/work with my crazy schedule.  Some day it will all get done but for now, I'm just treading and keeping my chin up...looking toward that ray of hope. 

You can't have the rainbow without the rain clouds ya know...

This awesome photo comes to you courtesy of Janet Howard Photography.  Check out the incredible caption that goes with this photo by liking her page on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment