Sunday, June 2, 2013

Unexpected Messages

I received an unexpected email tonight.  It was very much needed as I pitied myself for having to work all morning in Greensboro and then to stay in and work on transcribing interviews for my dissertation this afternoon/evening instead of going to listen to music at Blandwood Mansion and enjoying quality time with friends.  

The schoolwork has to be done and I know this but it's still irritating/depressing having to miss out on fun social/family events.  I do know it will be all worth it in the end and once I'm "Dr. Meg", I can hopefully go back to having some parts of my old life back again (aka social events without having to to feel guilty for falling behind in schoolwork for doing so) in addition to also being involved with research, teaching, etc. 

Anyhow, when taking a break from transcribing just now, I logged into Facebook to find this sweet message....I hope it brings those of you who are struggling with anything some peace and comfort as it did me!

Hope you are getting to relax at least a little today. It is beautiful in Pittsburgh today. I am sending you this picture. For some reason when I saw it I got this strange feeling that it was meant for you to see. Hopefully this makes some sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment