Friday, June 28, 2013

Girl in a Chair

She meditates and she reads

Red lipstick and white hair in place.

He fingers his worn rosary beads

her ever constant companion.

On the other side of the chapel sits Don.

Pausing for a moment. . .

before carrying on with his schedule.

As a young woman concludes her silent prayer, slips on her shoes, and exits

in walks Kevin where next to the St. Patrick stained glass window he sits.

It was in this chapel 3 summers ago, where I first met him, he who would become one my most steadfast NC friends.

How different life was then compared to now; time went so fast yet so slow!

Yes, I first walked into this chapel back in July 2010

and have again been here with my brother, other friends, strangers, and nuns.

So many prayers and intentions have been offered to our God

not only by me but also by others in need of His mercy.

Sometimes it can seem as if prayers aren't ever answered but with faith, hope, and love, a girl's gotta believe!

So it's with renewed trust that I rise from this kneeler & say one last prayer as I leave this little chapel of reverent silence and open up my chair

for the next girl in

need of

prayer.




No comments:

Post a Comment