Friday, March 21, 2014

Paths

http://factsandotherfairytales.com/2013/01/04/the-least-stressful-job-for-2013-a-real-look-at-being-a-professor-in-the-us/
I just read the article posted at the above link.  It's unnerving to read such articles considering graduation is seven short weeks from today.  However, I'm hoping I made the right decision and am on the path that I'm meant to be on for now!


This is a picture from Mount Rubidoux in Riverside, CA. 

When I reflect on this picture, I can't help but think about how it could be a metaphor for life right now.  To the left are big boulders that may seem impossible to climb or may crumble and fall at any moment yet to the right is a rocky jagged cliff on which you could lose your balance.  Yet the path is there for you to follow...it may wind and disappear around a corner but it's there and always has been.  Do you see the cross at the center on top of the mountain?  This picture helps me to keep in mind that God will always be there for us even when we don't know what's up ahead...think of all the paths we have all taken up to this point.  Some have been deliberate, some have been unplanned, and others have been blessings in disguise I'm sure.  So, keep on walking and follow the path.  As a colleague and I discussed during lunch yesterday, while reflecting on our PhD journeys, there is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. 


Walking may require a leap of faith but that's okay;

I would imagine the view is going to be so much better from there anyway.





~ Jeremiah 29:11 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment