Thursday, May 22, 2014

Happy de Cinco

Day 57:  My youngest nephew's baptism was this afternoon.  It was wonderful getting together with family two consecutive weekends in a row (in differing states mind you).  I got in lots and lots of cuddling time with my niece and nephews at church and all afternoon as we celebrated at my twin's and his wife's house.  We had gorgeous weather and yummy food as we relaxed in the sunshine.  However, I absolutely fell in love with my sister-in-law's shoes and hope to find a pair similar to them before the summer has ended!  It's amazing how happy a shoe can make a girl feel (Liz had let me try them on for size and they were SO comfortable and fit to a "T"!).



Day 58:  My parents and I bid goodbye to the NC family today.  It was a bit surreal saying bye and not having to make the trip down south with them as was so often the case the last four years.  Once the house was silent again, I took advantage of the quiet to work on revising my manuscript to send to another journal.  It has already been rejected once by another journal but no feedback was provided so I'm blindly trying to revise it and strengthen it before submitting to another journal.  I did, however, take a break tonight to walk the pup over at a local state park.  The evening sunset, cooler temps, and sparkly lake put a smile on both Dusty's and my faces.


Day 59:  Each time I come home, it's been fun seeing this on the porch.  :)



Day 60:  I went to Theology on Tap in York for the first time tonight.  It was great seeing old friends while there and the conversation to and from York was terrific.  Shelly and I easily talked the entire 180 minutes we were in the car..ha!  Another happy moment came when I enjoyed this delicious maple syrup icing and bacon donut courtesy of my friend Michelle (thanks again!!!).

Day 61
 
I received this picture in my email this past week.  Looking at it today makes me smile thinking about how fun graduation weekend was!  What a whirlwind!!  I can't believe that tomorrow will mark two weeks since that day.  In some ways, it feels like it happened over a month ago yet in other ways, I feel like I JUST drove up to PA from NC.  Next week, I start my career as Dr. Meg when I go to Ohio to prepare for the courses I will be teaching and meet my new housemates!  What an exciting summer of transitions this will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment