Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Take My Hand



My parents made a pretty cool observation last week.  They marveled at how much had happened in just ONE week.

The wedding date, and the church I had dreamt of getting married in (my old parish in York) was given to us.
We scheduled our pre-cana and marriage counseling and engaged encounter weekend retreat.
I bought not only my wedding dress but also my rehearsal dress!
The photographer was selected (more on that in another posting!).
Music for the ceremony was confirmed by the super talented Kim Kalman!
A few days later:
A family friend said yes to officiating our wedding.
A DJ and videographer might be lined up for the big day (I really hope this happens!).
A reception venue was booked.
Announcements were created (but I ran out of ink) so they have not been mailed out yet..hehe.
A draft of the mass program has been created.
...and a bunch of other things I won't bore you with here.
 
Most of all…I can’t wait until 51.4 weeks from now when I get to take my best friend by the hand (and not let go).  Last night, my friend, Jim, asked if I had talked to Adam recently which undoubtedly made both Jim and me smile.  :)  While talking about numbers in this post, it's fun to think about the fact that Adam and I have Skyped every day since 11/o7/13 (when not together of course).  We have only missed three days since then and as of tonight, have skyped a total of 322 hours, 55 minutes, 9 seconds.  Good thing we're both talkers and will never run out of things to say!




No comments:

Post a Comment