Monday, January 5, 2015

Conclusion of Road Trip!

Yesterday Adam, Dusty Shamrock, and I packed up his car and headed on west from my parents' home to Ohio for the final leg of our journey.  Dusty was a patient back seat driver albeit a comical one with his furry handlebar mustache that got more and more pronounced each time he raised his head from his doggie bed.
 

Here is a blurry Welcome to Ohio state sign as we crossed the bridge to enter good ol' Steubenville last night.  Even though OH is not CA, I hope Adam can grow to like it as we set out to make a home here together after the wedding!  Please keep him in your prayers as he goes through this huge life transition of moving from one coast to the other. 

We spent the first couple hours back at the house opening three weeks' worth of mail and Christmas gifts that had arrived while I was in California.  Thanks to friends and family for all the holiday love!!


Dusty loved being back home with his familiar toys and had lots of energy to burn after being in the car the last five hours!

I took Adam over to campus to show him some of my favorite areas on campus.  Unfortunately, with it still being break, the buildings were locked.  It's nice to know that my work is so secure though!
 

Stained glass windows outside Christ the King Chapel

We even had snow on our first night back in Ohio!  We were thankful to be in a cozy warm house as the snow fell in the moonlight.
Excuse the mess as I worked to unpack while Adam got his work station set up for work today.
 
I am already reaping the benefits of having Adam here....I'm LOVING the dual monitor set up for work!  Now off to work on getting Blackboard ready for all four of my classes in time for next week's start of the new semester using both my laptop and desktop monitors!!  Here's to a super duper productive afternoon of getting schoolwork done in half the time through the dual monitors.  Fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment