Saturday, January 24, 2015

Feast Day of St. Francis de Sales

Today is the feast day of St. Francis de Sales.  Exactly one year ago today to this very minute, I was with most of my family at the conclusion of my dissertation defense that fell on his feast day last year (Godicidentally).  I had just successfully defended my dissertation and shortly after we were enroute to my favorite Irish restaurant in High Point, NC:  Claddagh.  Here is the posting I wrote after that incredible day if you would like to read about it and view pictures!

I have been missing my family today but the memories of that exciting afternoon are bringing happiness and joy to me out here in Ohio as I cuddle with Dusty and attempt to buckle down and be productive. I wish I could say that one year later, I'm not spending long Saturday afternoons doing schoolwork but alas, that is what I took a break from just now to pen this little post.  Someday (soon I hope) I will strike a balance and manage to get it all done without losing my sanity.  This quote, one of my favorite quotes of St. Frances de Sales, has gotten me through many long hours of schoolwork when I would much rather be socializing, sleeping, well doing just about anything else:

“It is love that gives value to all our works; it is not by the greatness or multiplicity of our works that we please God, but by the love with which we do them.” 


However, in light of current wedding planning stress, this one is more appropriate for me these days...patience, patience, patience....something I always seem to need to grow in it seems!

“Know that the virtue of patience is what assures us the most perfection.”

No comments:

Post a Comment