Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Gift of the mundane (and technology)!

A little bit ago, I posted how hard today was...I suspect it is because I was up late last night working on thank you cards and reading through the guest book as I searched for something that had Dad's handwriting in it.

Well, a blessing of sharing a bit of my grief and reflections today yielded an unexpected gift out of the mundane and ordinary!  My friend, Monika, sent me the following text:


So Adam & I hightailed it over to Google Maps and found these pictures on there!! 

See Dad at the top of the hill in the red shirt??


This is so Dad...just doing his thing tending to the yard.  I don't know how long ago this picture was taken...maybe my brothers would be able to figure it out based on the cars that are in the driveway.  LOL!


What are the odds?!  I love that this mundane ordinary moment of Dad serving his household/family by cutting the grass is frozen in time...Thank you, Monika (and technology), for this gift of seeing Dad in this most unexpected yet ordinary way.

No comments:

Post a Comment