Thursday, January 9, 2014

Girls' Getaway to San Francisco!

I just recently posted about one of my favorite cities in NC which naturally led me to thinking about one of my all time favorite cities in the US......San Francisco!!!

I've been lucky enough to go there twice now!  The first time I went was in July 2010 with my aunt and her friend, Laura.  It was my last hurrah trip before starting the PhD program.  Here are some of my favorite pics from that trip.






This is a beautiful castle winery in Napa Valley called, "Castello di Amoroso".  When I saw this courtyard, I couldn't help but think of Beauty and the Beast!!

We never got tired of our view outside our hotel in Berkeley!








Full House houses with the beautiful Bay City behind it!



I ate at Johnny Rocket's for the first time on this trip.

I thought I had found my knight in shining armor during this trip but alas, he was missing a heart.

Laura being silly on the cable car

Monterrey Bay ~ simply stunning!




This was the first time I saw Wicked!  LOVED it!!

This was the first time I stuck my toes in the Pacific Ocean in Seaside, CA.






So, as you can see, my Aunt Maureen, Laura, and I had thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and loved every minute of our trip.  So, when the opportunity came up to present at a conference in San Fran this past spring AND when two friends from college decided to join me for a girls' getaway, I was ecstatic.  Here are some pictures from my most recent trip back in April 2013!

This was my view the night before leaving PA for CA as I left my pup with my parents...such a good boy!












I wore my Ravens shoes in San Francisco but didn't see any 49ers fans....


Is this a raven??!!









I went to mass at St. Patrick Church, which dated all the way back to the Gold Rush!






















It was so exciting seeing all of the Golden Gate Bridge during this trip!





















Dipping our toes in the Pacific Ocean at Ocean Beach!














This was after the last conference presentation of the 2012-2013 school year!!




Monika showin' off our wheels!


What fun it was to look back over our time in San Francisco.  Click here to see more amazing pictures and learn more about some of the fun we had at Alcatraz, exploring Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, and other areas of SF!!

1 comment:

  1. Napa Valley is on our list for the ultimate girls getaway, too! :) Thanks for sharing.

    http://bit.ly/18PW9w5

    ReplyDelete