Saturday, January 4, 2014

Love these lacing toys!

One of my Christmas gifts to my niece and nephews (both in NC and in PA) this past year involved the talents of my friend, Britta.

Britta is a former art teacher now full time busy mom of two beautiful boys.  She still puts her artistic talents to use through creation of her lovely icons.  Check out this link to see one she created for Dusty and me last year.

Anyhow, this past December, Britta created some personalized lacing toys using her handiwork and icons much to my delight.  I ordered 3 sets of lacing toys for each state which resulted in 9 lacing cards for each family.  Having attended mass tonight, Mason and Clark went to town lacing the picture cards as we listened to the readings and Gospel.  What was especially neat to see was that the icons resembled a lot of the stained glass images and windows we see at our church and watching Mason realize this!  I can't wait for Clark and even Braden to make these connections as well!  These cards are durable enough that even Baby Nick will get use out of them when he's a bit older.  I hope Thomas and his new baby brother or sister will get joy from these toys up in PA too! 

If you're interested in having some personalized lacing toys created by Britta for the little ones in your life, let me know and I'll put you in touch with her!

Pax!!








No comments:

Post a Comment