Sunday, January 5, 2014

Cake, love, chances



Someone shared this analogy with me last fall.  I had all but forgotten this little comparison story until I stumbled upon it when trying to clean up some files on my computer as I face strict doctor's orders to rest and not use my voice.  Rather than go stir crazy, I'm trying to be productive in organizing photos (a HUGE task) on Snapfish and in cleaning out old files.

Which brings me back to the analogy I mentioned at the outset of this post:
Marriage is like a cake.  

It has to have all the ingredients (the flour, eggs, sugar, water, oil) in order to blend and mix together to make a cake.   

That’s the way the church looks at marriage.  If that is not the intention or it’s not possible, then it’s not a marriage; it’s a civil union but not a marriage.  

I've never heard this sort of analogy but thought it was interesting.

 
This image also reminds me of the talks from the National Catholic Singles Conference I attended last September in King of Prussia, PA and reminds me of my interest in learning more about Theology of the Body.  Hopefully someday soon I will get to attend a workshop on this and become more knowledgeable about it.

 
I've had this song in my head all day for some reason so felt it was appropriate enough to share it here.  I love the fact that this video was uploaded on May 9th...which is my hopeful future graduation date!

No comments:

Post a Comment