Sunday, September 20, 2015

Lazy Sunday (for some)

Yesterday, after a rough night of tossing and turning, I stood outside with the pups in the morning sunshine rubbing the sleep from my eyes.  I mistakenly thought the dogs needed to hurry because Adam and I would need to get ready to go to church soon.  Then, two minutes later, I suddenly realized it was Saturday morning and not Sunday!  Oh joy!!  We had one more day to the weekend and Marathon Monday was not just around the corner as I had been previously dreading! 

The rest of yesterday was spent grading, preparing for lectures on Monday, and doing some small chores around the house while tending to a sick hubby.  Poor Adam has been fighting a cold since Tuesday morning.  Now it is my turn to fight it as I fear that I woke up with it today.  I'm currently willing for this throbbing headache and tickle in my throat to disappear and am taking it easy this afternoon while still trying to enjoy the sunshine and breeze coming in through the windows.  It looks like we're going to need to stock up on the orange juice and chicken noodle soup I had bought for Adam last week when we run to the grocery store later today.  Last night brought with it about four hours of sleep between my tossing and turning and Adam's coughing.  I think it's time I invest in a body pillow to help with the sleepless nights that have been plaguing me over the last several weeks.  Have any of you experience with body pillows?  If so, do you have any recommendations?  

While our Sunday has been a pretty quiet one trying to will ourselves to get better and thus far of going to mass, out to breakfast, then coming home and relaxing/watching football before heading back out for our weekly grocery run, on the opposite side of the country Adam's brother, wife, and their son, Tegan, have been having quite a non-lazy Sunday!  Why is that?  Well, it's because our new niece is here! Hip hip hooray!!!  Riley, the first niece and granddaughter on Adam's side of the family, came this morning at 5:33am (Pacific time) and I'm happy to share that everyone is healthy and happy. Now we're even more excited for the trip to CA in t - 3 months (as if that were possible)!!  

Can't wait to meet the newest addition to the family and of course to see all the family as well!  

Happy Birthday Riley!  We can't wait to see who you become in this beautiful world!

No comments:

Post a Comment