Sunday, September 6, 2015

Introducing......Snack Crafts!

Here is one to file away in the "Don't Take it Personally..." folder.  I found out tonight that three students dropped my Monday night class after our initial class last week.  This is a first as I've never had people drop classes and usually have to add people to an already closed section of the course.  One of the three who left my class did email me saying that she looked forward to taking the course in the future when she wasn't so busy which was very kind of her.  It's nice she took the time to give me a heads-up and tell me. On the plus side, this means I will have my smallest class yet at my current job of only 14 students!  I'm definitely looking forward to the smaller class size especially considering I had an oversized class last year of 28 in one of my courses!

While it will be nice having a small class size.....it's hard to not take folks dropping it personally.  However, I'm very excited for the ones who do remain as we have a full and busy semester ahead of us.  In addition to creating games and lesson plans, designing bulletin boards, perfecting our use of Reader's Theatre, teaching within the community at a new collaborative field experience, diving deeper into theories on play and creativity, and much much more...I'm super duper excited for something else.  Something new I'm incorporating into this particular course this semester is that we're going to make "snack crafts" this semester.
Check out what's on tap for the first couple activities I have planned!
 
Topic:  Fall/Nature/Seeds, Leaves, & Trees


 Topic: 
Birds/Habitat/Animals

2 comments: