Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Time has flown so fast in the last 4 months!

4 months ago at this very moment Adam and I were walking around amidst sparklers and smiles as we said farewell to our wedding guests at the end of the reception.
 

 So much has happened in the last four months that it feels in some ways like it has been much longer!!  Due to a huge dinner, we're too full to eat our monthly wedding cake as we did in June, July, and August so maybe we'll have some leftover wedding cake for breakfast tomorrow who knows!?

Last night, when I couldn't sleep thanks to yet another coughing fit, I lay in the bed thinking about the wedding day.  It occurred to me that I never asked my family or the girls what it was like before my parents and I got to the church?  I know when my Dad and I entered the whole family was gathered in the back of the church and the doors were already shut waiting for our families to process into the church.  I wondered last night if the family and children were all milling around in the back of the church as the guests arrived?  Did folks get to chit chat with one another as they made their way into the church and pews?  I hope it was a low key and laid back entrance to the wedding as we all anticipated the start of the wedding mass!  I also hope the guests were able to enjoy the lovely singing voice of the talented Kim Kalman who was one of our wedding singers after a family friend, Laura, played some instrumental songs.

I wasn't able to hear all of the music or songs due to my late arrival to the church and the shut doors but we had selected as the instrumental preludes "How Great Thou Art" since it was my mother's dad's favorite song and "Canon in D" for Adam since he's such a classical music lover.  That was actually to be a surprise for him but he discovered this tune during our final music meeting in late April when we were in Boston.  Can't get anything past that guy!  Then, it was Kim's turn to provide the tunes for the vocal preludes.  We opted to go with "I Will Follow" which reminds me of our road trip across the country last January and the fact that wherever each one of us goes from here on out we will follow in God's will for our lives and trust His plan for us is greater.  Finally, Kim sang, "This is the Day" which I had hoped would be our responsorial psalm but we had to rearrange it and place it in the beginning instead which still worked out beautifully I'm sure.  It's an upbeat tune and hopefully helped to set the mood and also is my niece's favorite Kim Kalman song but unfortunately she missed it since were out in the lobby or narthex of the church.  However, something I didn't know until tonight was that Fr. Jack and Adam walked out to that song according to Adam!!!  How awesome!

This was right after Dad and I entered the church and were greeting the family just before the wedding mass started.  Mason and I were admiring our matching flowers when this photo was taken as Mason's and my bouquets were the only ones that had a little bit of all the colors of the other bouquets combined in them.  Isn't she just the cutest?!
Unfortunately I don't have a photo of the oh so talented Laura on piano in addition to this one of Kim's lovely vocals in action.


After the preludes, it was time for the members of the wedding party to enter the church walking into the beautiful tune, "Surely".  The girls did a great job of letting each member know when it was time to enter the church.

Lyrics to Surely

In the midst of God's children the Lord said, "I will be"
It doesn't take very many it can be just 2 or 3
and I feel that same sweet spirit that I've often felt before
surely I can say I've been with the Lord.

Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place
I can feel God's mighty power and grace
I can hear  the brush of angel's wings  I see glory on each face
Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place.

There's a holy hush  around us as God's glory fills this place
I've touched the hem of his garment 
I can almost see God's face
and my heart is overflowing with the fullness of his joy.
I know without a doubt I've been with the Lord.


Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place
I can feel God's mighty power and grace
I can hear  the brush of angel's wings  I see glory on each face
Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place.
This is probably the only time I will be able to "make" my brothers wear these lovely bright colors.  ; )
 


It's hard to see but my sister-in-law and the youngest nephew in this family are behind my brother.  Nick got sidetracked by the fountain.  Lol!
 


Love the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtle strapped on to little Tegan's belt of his pants!
Love the bright pops of color!!!
Our two ringbearers, Adam's older two nephews, and Mason, the only niece at the time, was our flower girl.  I like how you can see two of the three girls in blue in the doorway.  They were about to shut the doors and seat themselves at this point!

My FH (future husband!)  =)
I love the expression on Adam's face here as he awaits my Dad's & my entrance and our beloved Marci is in the background but I don't know if I want to know what Fr. Jack just said here...ha!
 I can't believe it's been four months since we walked into that church and partook of this holy and beautiful sacrament!  In some ways it feels like it just happened but in other ways it feels as if it's been much longer than only four months.  Time is definitely passing by very quickly and even faster it seems than the days leading up to the wedding.  I remember counting down each month and it seeming like forever and now it's already 4 months behind us.  Don't blink y'all and cherish every moment since we never know what will come in the next second!

No comments:

Post a Comment