Thursday, September 3, 2015

More than anything

Meet my Dad.  He is one of the most awesome men I know. 

He was never one to shy away from providing for his wife and family in the best way he could over the years whether that meant working at a local gas station when he unexpectedly lost his job, driving me to my many audiologist/ear doctor appointments as a child, to listening to me ramble on and on about my college life happenings during the 250 mile ride home across the state from IUP, or not being too proud to accept help from our church when money was short and times were hard when we were kids. 
 
 

Standing tall at 6'2", I've always looked up to my dad growing up but admire him even more so now as he handles health challenges and other adversities with a strong gentle grace.  Over the last several weeks I have been wishing I could just hop in the car and drive the 5 hours home to be with him as he fights the latest health issues.  He is spending his second night in the hospital tonight as he and Mom await the prognosis of this latest hospital scare.  The last few days, I have been thinking back to the last time he and Mom were here for a very fast overnight visit and am so glad they stayed the majority of that Sunday before starting their trip back home.  While we were all sitting in the living room enjoying each other's company after a meal, I recorded some of what my Dad was sharing with us at the time in a story.  I wish I would have thought to push the record button sooner but I didn't.  Anyhow, it has been helping to hear his voice in this two minute clip and see him being comfortable in our living room (and Dusty Shamrock trying to get comfy too..ha!) when I can't physically be with him right now.  Dad has lived through so much and is a treasure trove of fatherly advice.  I could listen to his stories for hours on end.  Maybe you'll understand why after you listen to this story that is winding down in the video.  You might also catch a glimpse of my hard work ethic I must have inherited from both of my parents by listening to what he has to say.  ;)
 

 In closing, here are the last pictures we had taken together from a special day this past summer!  :)



 

 
 





 

Please keep my Dad (and Mom) in your prayers tonight!!  Sending all my love and virtual hugs to you Mom & Dad as I love you both more than anything!  xoxoxo
 







No comments:

Post a Comment