Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Meals as a Mrs. ~ Apple Cinnamon Pork Chops (Gluten Free)

This savory dish has been my go to recipe when I need to make a gluten-free meal for a mom through a meal train.  I've lost count of how many times I have made this since stumbling upon it in late April 2016.  Each time I do, the pork chops are juicy, the topping is sweet and thick, and the house smells amazing thanks to the apple cinnamon-y concoction.

Here is the link for the Apple Cinnamon Pork Chops (gluten free) recipe!



The recipe calls for 2/3 cup of apple cider but you could definitely add more if you would like.  I'm so glad I read over the recipe a second time the first time I made it because I almost added apple cider vinegar....that would definitely not have yielded the sweet taste this recipe calls for that's for sure!




You could add a little extra apple to be sure you get the taste of the apples in the final product and in the times since the first time of following this recipe, I opted to use half of one large onion rather than the whole onion as called for in the recipe.



Yes, this sweet and almost spicy due to the pepper seasoning pork chop is one of my new favorite dishes.  I wish I could capture the smell of the sauce simmering on the oven and bottle it up to spray in the house as a room spray..ha!

Today is the feast day of Saint Brigid of Ireland who is one of the patron saints of traveling.  While I haven't been able to travel as much as I used to or would like to these days, I'm thankful for having a life partner who will travel future (and current) roads I take.  I wouldn't want any other man to do it with and am thankful to have both Adam and Jesus as reminders that I'm never really alone even when at times it feels as if I am the only one on the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment