Sunday, April 21, 2019

A dress from three years ago


I just love these two pictures of Charlotte's first Easter photo at 20 days old compared to her fourth Easter today at three years old!! A month after the first Easter photo was taken once I had been cleared for driving again, Mom and I went to a huuuuuuuge consignment sale where we excitedly bought the next four years' worth of Easter dresses for Charlotte Annie. 

Do you see this year's Easter dress (and Charlotte) in the below picture?! :-)


I remember picking out this light purple dress for Charlotte and being soooo excited for her to wear it but feeling as if that time was a long ways off....now in the blink of an eye, she is big enough to wear something that seemed so big next to tiny Charlotte at the time. As I dressed her today, I noticed the small detail of the flower ribbon on the front that also had some light green making her dress a perfect match to the light purple and light green dresses members of our wedding party wore. Her hot pink nails reminded me of our matron of honor's dress and her blue eyes made me recall the bright pops of blue dresses worn by Monika, Mere, and Ash. So, amidst the Easter celebrating today, memories of the happy wedding day filled with bright colorful hues flooded my mind as well.

Image may contain: 4 people, including Wendy Reister Holder, people smiling
Charlotte Annie also wore the same headband today as she did during Easter 2016 (that I had to wrap around her head three times for it to stay on her tiny noggin) & continues to fill our hearts with every possible emotion there is to feel....with the dawn comes rejoicing and as the responsorial psalm today reminded us, "This is the Day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!!!" This was to have been our wedding mass responsorial psalm that didn't happen but instead was the responsorial psalm for Charlotte's Baptism mass! ✝️🐣🐇🌷


No comments:

Post a Comment