Saturday, August 4, 2012

Falling into Fall



This image seems to sum up my thoughts at the moment.  I am frantically trying to get last minute things done for the start of the semester as the Literature Review and IRB paperwork I so desperately wanted to start this summer continue to not get started, let alone done....other things are simply taking priority at the moment.  However, I am trying to consciously not worry about it and do what I can with the time I'm given. 

Along the same lines, here is the response I sent my YoPa Mom.  ;) 

Thank you for the comment on my blog!!! And for reminding me to read a previous post I had made on here again.  

Mulling over what you said has made me realize that this whole experience, for better or for worse, has definitely been teaching me a lot of lessons. I think I'm learning that I shouldn't take on so much, that less than 100% is ok (still working on that one), and to try to let go of some of the control I strive to hang on to (HUGE struggle there) even though I never thought of myself as being such a control person (ha!). Having your support means everything!!!
 


As my advisor also said this past week, life's too short to worry and faith IS more positive than worry.  So here's to embracing more of the faith rather than the worry as we fade out of summer and dive into the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment