Saturday, May 4, 2013

Being Strong at the Foot of the Cross..




When the girls and I came home from California the other night, I was surprised to hear that I had not one but two envelopes in Ashley's mailbox!  The first envelope I opened was from my Mom that contained a touching message and note from my parents while the second package was my copy of Kim Kalman's latest CD.  I can hardly wait to hear her new songs!!  If they are anything like # 1:  At the Foot of the Cross, the CD will be superb!!  I was especially delighted to see the Jeremiah scripture on the back of the CD jacket.

I submitted my chart of proposed revisions to my committee 48 hours ago so am anxiously awaiting word as to whether or not I can proceed with data collection for the dissertation study next week as I had hoped to do.  I couldn't help but ponder the irony over receiving these two messages via the mail on the same day.  This PhD/lonliness journey is my cross right now so with perserverance and patience, I will try to rise up to the challenge and still get to the (hopefully still on) May 9, 2014 graduation date!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment