Friday, May 10, 2013

Pretty Vices

I am such a girly girl sometimes...especially when it comes to earrings and bracelets.  I can also be super indecisive at times (hence why I don't have a tattoo).  This may be part of why wearing "word" bracelets has been a bit of a penchant for me in that it sort of serves the purpose of providing a visual inspirational reminder in a less permanent way than body art would.

  Above you will see 2 of the four bracelets I wear every day.  It's hard to read the words on the bracelet from my little brother but the words and the small heart dangling from it make me smile.  I found a cute charm to add to the other side of the bracelet while in San Francisco last week but haven't taken an updated picture yet.  You can view the other word bracelet I wear that my sister-in-law and twin got me during my first year in the PhD program here.  Unfortunately, I lost the paw charm while in California but I'm hopeful that I'll be able to find a replacement charm a jewelry party Ashley and I are having right before I return to NC in a few weeks.  If you're interested in Origami Owl, check out the link below and click on "Ashley and Meg's Owl Party".  They have some cute mama charms for all you new moms!  ;)  www.WendiReid.OrigamiOwl.com

Tonight, I came across this inspirational image thanks to my best friend. 



I LOVE it!  Perhaps I can add it to my Christmas list next year!  As I (online) window shopped to find out more about this bracelet, I wondered if I woudl wear the blue leather strap or if I would just get the charm and then go to a craft store to have the charm placed on (cheaper) chains or leather string?  What an inspiring message this is and how needed it is right now!  So, since I can't buy the bracelet, I will save the image and look at it as a visual reminder on here. 

I also saw this cute, and again timely, charm when looking at some Pandora charms in a store tonight.  Yes, I will continue working hard and trying to be "wise" like the owl on this charm to achieve this dream I'm pursuing!  And maybe, just maybe, someday I will own this charm and it will remind me of this time in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment