Tuesday, October 9, 2012

"Clink, clink"- - - what a welcome sound my wrist makes!

In 3 days, I get to go home!  Well, to my "second" home of York, PA.  Last year, for Fall Break, 2 of my best friends from college, came down to visit.  From the moment they met me at school on Thursday night to when they left on Sunday evening, we had non-stop fun from ziplining to having a Thirty-One party to doing a ghost tour and First Fridayin downtown Greensboro! 

When I went to York for part of my Spring Break, Ashley, Monika, and Ashley's Mom gave me a beautiful birthday bracelet that I wear almost every day.  In class on Monday night, I signed the word, "language", which consists of bringing both hands, in the "L" shape, from the center and wriggling it out to your sides in both directions.  As I wriggled my left wrist, I heard the clink, clink of my charms on the bracelet the girls gave me last March.

Below, you can see the beautiful Pandora bracelet from my friends. 


This bracelet goes beyond keeping my best friends with me wherever I go but also has overcome obstacles and attempts at getting lost.  In the summer, my barely 4 month old Pandora bracelet got run over in driveway as I was about to depart for the Women's Retreat Weekend in Outer Banks.  You see, a few times between March and July, the bracelet had not properly clasped together and stayed on my wrist but the few times it happened, I simply picked up the bracelet and put it back on without thinking twice about it.  Well, when it happened at 5am in the dark driveway that summer morning, I hadn't realized it had fallen off until after it was accidentally run over....square on the clasp.  There was no saving it but I thought all would be okay once I got to Outer Banks where I would just get a replacement bracelet at a jewelry shop and heck, why not get some kind of charm to remember the retreat and OBX by while I was at it?!

I was in for a shock when I did some internet searching for the closest Pandaora retailer in OBX.  I had NO idea how much the charms and the bracelets themselves cost!!  I also saw in my online search that since the bracelet was under a year old, I might be able to get a replacement due to warranty..IF I could prove the damage wasn't due to carelessness. 

A few days after the retreat weekend, I went to a store in Greensboro to see about getting a replacement.  It took some finagling but I walked out of there with my new bracelet...whew!  I thought that would be the end of my bracelet issues and promised if I were to have other issues with the clasp on the new bracelet, that I would let them know rather than waiting until something seriously damaging happens to the bracelet.

A few months ago, while I rushed to the gym after school one night, I quickly changed into my workout clothes and dropped them into a heap near where I did Zumba with my friends, including the jewelry that I gingerly placed on top of the clothing.  In my haste, I hadn't thought to grab my gym bag from my car, just the gym clothes to change into so that was my first mistake.  Then, on the way out, I was in deep conversation with my friend, and didn't realize until we got to the parking lot that I had forgotten to close the bracelet and 2 of the dangling charms had fallen off the cord!  We backtracked and actually did find the "Friends Forever" butterfly charm on the gym floor but thought we had lost the Shamrock charm for good.  As a last ditch attempt, I asked the boys working the front desk to keep an eye out for it while cleaning up that night.  I didn't really expect for the shamrock to be located but thankfully, it was and I was I able to get the charm the next night!!

So, I went back to that Pandora retailer in Greensboro a few days later and promptly bought a clip to ensure the charms would not fall off any more should I inadvertently not clasp the bracelet closed when not wearing it.  So far so good in not misplacing or running over the bracelet any more!! 

Can't wait to have some fun with these gals this weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. Holy Moly - what an incredible journey your bracelet has gone on - and a great story for you to share!

    ReplyDelete